Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finals in France

For those who don't already know, it's that time of the semester for finals. The only difference now is that my finals are all in French. It's right about now that I'm starting to question what madness led me here in the first place. I always knew this would happen. I haven't had to do anything but show up to all my classes all semester. It was inevitable that the day where I was put to the epic test would get here.

So here's what it's like. I studied all weekend for my medieval history final. I could tell you all about the Vikings, the Hundred Year's War, the Crusades, and bits and pieces of other events. Better yet, I could tell you all about those things in French. But then I get to the final and the question is about the State in France and how it was constructed.

...

Let's just hope I'm as good at BSing in French as I am in English, because that's pretty much what I did. The final itself was a little weird too, at least compared to America. First of all, there were only 2 questions and you chose one to write a dissertation on. Second, we were placed in the sports hall with everyone else. We were divided into sections for our subject, but there were psychology finals, history finals, and who knows what other kinds of finals going on in there. A little different from our structure in America, but I rolled with it.

I have a few more finals coming up, and what I've learned is - whatever I think is going to be on the final, won't be. So I should study the things I find irrelevant because that's what I'll be asked. I have 2 more written finals and one oral final. I'm kind of freaking out about the oral final, but at this point...I kind of just have to roll with it, right?

Here's to hoping I pass, even if it's just barely scraping by. I'm already working on arranging the retake tests in June in the event that I do fail. Cover all my bases so I don't cry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment