Monday, January 10, 2011

Chambery, sweet Chambery.

I'm finally done traveling, I think. It's kind of nice to be in one place for an extended period of time now. Traveling was great and I loved every experience that I had, but traveling is exhausting too.

I'm moved into my dorm and almost completely settled in. I'm a little sniffly, but hopefully that will pass. I'm a little homesick too, but I'm hoping that will pass as well. I miss home a lot. I think it's the abrupt changes and the slow changes that have me a little off my balance. I miss all the people from last semester that made this place what it was. It's different now and I still haven't gotten used to that. I can't wait until May 31st right now. So many things I'm already planning to do when I get home.

Rome, Italy - let me just say this city was everything and nothing I expected it. I think I get in my head that these historical places still look like they do in the history books. I always know that's wrong, but it doesn't stop me from hoping to see no modern day buildings and cobblestones everywhere. I loved the coliseum and the Vatican. Rome is definitely a place I've always wanted to go and that's one more thing to scratch off my bucket list.

My dorm is different from where I lived last semester too. It's a pretty big room and I really like it, but it's definitely lonely. You're basically just alone unless you actively seek someone out to hang out with. I can't go into the kitchen and strike up conversation with two awesome ladies like I could last semester. I'm going to have a hard time battling with that, I think. I love my alone time and I love being alone, but I also don't like being confined alone for long periods of time. And since I'm kind of homesick, I definitely need to make myself get out there and do something. I need to distract myself.

*I've heard that it's not been possible to comment on my blogs without being a member of some sort. I think I have fixed that issue and I think that anyone who wants to will now be able to post comments on this blog. So go on, give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment