Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANKSGIVING!

The time has come, friends, for all things delicious. Just because I'm not in the states for the solely American tradition does not mean that I won't be celebrating it as close to the book as possible. There is a turkey, there are pumpkin pies, and there are a lot of people who just enjoy each other's company and want to be together tonight. That's pretty much all it takes to create the perfect Thanksgiving, I'd say.

Yes, I'm sad that I'm missing Thanksgiving with my family, but I'm just having it with a different family this year. There will be pictures, so don't fret. I'm about to run to the store and buy some last minute things.

But first, in the tradition of Thanksgiving, here's what I'm thankful for:

-My family
-My friends (both home and here)
-The fact that I'm in France right now
-The food that will soon be presenting itself before me
-My health because I don't know enough French to deal with doctors yet
-The insane opportunities that I've already had and that I still have yet to come
-The fact that I actually have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving

PS - I hardly ever get feedback on my posts so it's time to get interactive! Tell me what you're thankful for!

2 comments:

  1. Ashton, I'm thankful that you got to travel to France, and I'm thankful that the two of us have communicated a bit more lately, because we never did in high school. And I always wanted us to be friends. =)


    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was like the second comment I've ever gotten, so thank you! And I am also thankful that we've communicated more. Hope you had a fabulous and appropriate Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete