Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vin et Fromage!

Tomorrow is wine and cheese day. It's a school function too - une grande sortie to go wine and cheese tasting. I'm living the good life, friends.

It's been a pretty interesting few days in Chambery. I've struggled through some classes because I had to speak in front of the class. Speaking in front of the class isn't something I like to do in English so I especially hate it in French. I also did something a little crazy yesterday -- I bought a French phone! I belong here. It's a little lame though. They don't do roll over minutes so when I buy minutes and texts, they expire within a certain amount of time. I'll just have to give everyone here my number and use all the minutes up!

I feel like I haven't had a real meal since I've been here. I just keep binge eating little things and living off bread and pasta. Which, by the way, I made last night. I have yet to find alfredo in France so I decided to take matters into my own hands and I made it from scratch. It was delicious. Apparently one of the tricks here is nutmeg in white sauce.

I have a lot of amazing things lined up for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow is the wine and cheese tasting, then there's another hike on Sunday, a trip to Lyon Monday, and then even more in the future a cruise and a surprise trip to London. I'm so excited. I love France, I love it all, I could live here forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment